There are many unique and unusual wedding cakes you might want to consider to make your wedding stand out from the crowd. Here are a few ideas:
- Cupcakes with beautiful icing, stacked on tiers can make a lovely and simple wedding cake (not to mention cost effective).
- A cake that goes with a themed wedding can make for an unusual wedding cake too. Medieval wedding? Why not have a wedding cake that looks like a castle? Create a moat to hold the punch.
- Adding unusual embelishments can create a unique cake. Look at the cake to the right for inspiration. This cake offers a humorous twist.
- Unusual colors or patterns can create a unique cake. For example, large, brightly colored polka dots on white makes a bold statement.
- Adding ribbons or fresh flowers creaks an unusual wedding cake ensemble too.
- Consider using unusual center pieces for the cake, such as Shrek and Fiona, two doves or Precious Moments figurines.
These are just a few of the ways you can have an unusual wedding cake for your special day. You may want to gather ideas from your cake baker. He or she should have a book filled with pictures of other cakes that she has created. These may inspire you, but don’t be afraid to brainstorm and ask the baker for additional ideas to make your day all it can be.