Dear brand new crabby housewives,
I am going to share a time-honored secret with you that is going to save you untold hours of doing laundry that you really shouldn’t have to do. Men today are not helpless, although some still act that way (sorry guys, we love you, but it’s true). In fact, they are more than capable of doing their own laundry unless their mothers have spoiled them so silly that they truly don’t have a clue.
If you are getting ready to get married, recently married, or even if you’ve been married a few dozen years, there is one surefire way to keep your man from ever asking you to do his laundry.
Are you ready?
Go ahead and do his laundry for him. You heard me right. Do it, but do it poorly.
- Put reds and whites together and wash on hot.
- Forget to use the laundry softener
- Lose one of every pair of socks he has
- Let his favorite jeans get caught in the washer door (hopefully they will rip – I mean they won’t rip)
- Throw in a towel or something that produces tons of lint balls with anything black
I can almost guarantee he will never again ask you to do his laundry for him, but will happily take over this duty on his own without any argument whatsoever about doing so.
Of course, I’m kidding, ladies. Kind of.