- Go for simple styles and dresses, which often cost much less.
- Keep an eye out for sales and last season clearance merchandise. Most people will never know your dress was last season, and you can save a bundle.
- Consider whether you know any skilled seamstresses who might sew your dress for you. This can save you hundreds.
- Designers often have basement sales and clear out their model gowns. If you are a smaller size, you may be able to find the dress of your dreams for a fraction of the cost.
- Don’t rule out second hand stores and thrift stores, where you may find a beautiful dress at a deep discount.
- If all else fails, consider borrowing a dress from a friend or family member who is the same size as you are. While someone likely won’t want major alterations to their gown, you can likely make minor adjustments without any conflict. Make sure that you have the dress professionally cleaned and sealed before giving it back.
These are just a few tips to help you save money on your wedding dress. There are many other ways to save money on your big day and still feel like a princess.