Viking wedding themes are unique and interesting. Although there is not a lot of information available about the process of the Viking weddings, there are certain things that we know about the Vikings and the middle ages that we can put into place for a Viking themed wedding. Here are just a few ideas:
- Men of the wedding party could wear Viking battle gear.
- Women of the wedding party could wear simple long dresses with embroidered aprons.
- Torches can be lit and placed at the front of the church.
- For Vikings, it was all about the party, so be sure to host a rowdy reception full of good food.
- Have “warriors” raise their swords to create an arch for the newly married couple to exit through.
- A wedding cake that looks like a Viking longboat or centerpieces with small replicas of the boats or of Viking longrooms.
A Viking wedding theme is one theme that doesn’t seem to have been overdone, yet! It is unlikely there will be any other couples in the area hosting a Viking wedding. So, if you are looking for something unique, this might be the wedding theme you’ve been seeking.