Would you love to be a stylish mom, but have no time to spare? There are a few tried and true tips that will help you look put together on the fly.
- Choose two or three colors for your wardrobe that all go together and buy everything in one of those three shades for easy mix and match pieces you can grab out of the closet. For example, you might choose two neutrals and one brighter color, such as tan, black and royal blue.
- Shoes can make a huge difference in your fashion wardrobe. Jeans with athletic shoes look really different than jeans with mules.
- Limit the accessories, especially if your children are small. While accessories can help make your look unique, they take a lot of time to put on and take off. Necklaces, earrings and bracelets fascinate babies, and can be very distracting.
- Keep hair simple. Long and straight or short and easy to style. The length doesn’t matter as much as how much time it takes you to fluff and go and still look put together.
- Add makeup in as little as five or ten minutes by sweeping on a mineral foundation (quickly) and using products that do double and triple duty. For example, there are a few products you can purchase that serve as a lipstick, blush and eyeshadow all in one. You won’t get the contouring as you would spending hours in front of the mirror, but for everyday trips this routine works wonders. Add a quick sweep of mascara, powder your face and you’re set for the day.
- Keep nails filed and with clear polish. If it chips a little, it will be far less noticeable and easy to patch.
One area you don’t want to neglect is skincare. A simple morning and evening routine of cleansing, toner and moisturizer should take about five minutes in the morning and five at night and is well worth the time investment.
With these simple tips you should be able to remain stylish as a mom, but not spend all your time on primping.