Swine flu: more symptoms and conditions involved
With the reports of swine flu sweeping across the world, a sick child is suddenly causing some parents more concern than normal as they try to figure out swine flu and more about the symptoms and conditions involved. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- First, don’t panic. The reported cases of swine flu are still very isolated and not high in number. More than likely, your child just has a common cold or other minor ailment.
- Symptoms to look out for may include some or all:
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- body aches
- Take a trip to the doctor as quickly as possible. As with any flu, quick treatment almost always means quicker recovery.
There are also some things you can do to reduce your chances of getting this or any other type of flu:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Try not to touch your nose, mouth or eyes to reduce the chance of germs spreading
- Do your best to avoid people you know are ill
- If you get sick, remain home if at all possible to prevent the spread of the sickness