Are you looking for an inexpensive recipe that’s fairly quick to throw together? The great thing about this chicken quesadilla recipe is that you can even make the chicken ahead on meal prep day and then throw it all together in just a few minutes for each quesadilla. On those busy days when you don’t have time to cook, this can be a lifesaver.
In our house, we all love Mexican food. One of our local food trucks makes delicious chicken quesadillas, but you can’t eat out every single day, so I decided to come up with my own ooey gooey food truck chicken quesadilla recipe for dinner. Boy, am I glad I did! This was sooo good!
A Few Tips for this Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Use Mission Carb Balance or La Tortilla for lower carbs, but if you’re looking at budget, just buy store brand flour tortillas.
- Use fresh whenever you can for the best taste. Make your own salsa, bake your own chicken, shred your own cheese.
- On the flip side, if you’re in a rush, buy everything pre-made (you’ll spend more, but it’s still cheaper than eating out).
- Use a high quality, grass-fed butter with good taste to grill the quesadillas. It makes a difference in the taste and is worth the extra money.
- Add veggies such as onions, peppers and mushrooms to your taste. I didn’t, because we like ours very simple, but you can easily add these.
Chicken Quesadilla Recipe Instructions
This is a fairly simple and inexpensive meal to throw together. Save time by making and shredding chicken on meal prep day.
- 1 package Chicken Breast Tenders about 6 - 7 tenders
- 1 Southwest Seasoning (or other chicken seasoning)
- 1 Salsa
- 1 Sour Cream
- 1 package Flour Tortillas
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Season chicken tenders with seasoning, salt and pepper. If you'd like, you can also drizzle with avocado oil, but not required.
Bake chicken on 350-degrees for about 20 minutes in oven. I cooked in my deep covered baker to keep it tender.
Remove chicken from oven and shred with 2 forks or shredding tongs.
Add 1/4 cup salsa to the shredded chicken mixture. If you plan to add veggies, this is a good time to cook them slightly and stir them into the chicken mixture.
Preheat skillet on medium heat.
Line up all ingredients in a simple assembly line.
Add a pat of butter to skillet and tilt pan to coat entire surface.
Place tortilla flat in the skillet and add insides (chicken and plenty of cheese for mine). Folder over one side of the quesadilla. Flip when one side is brown and brown second side.
Cut each quesadilla into triangles and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Making Chicken Quesadillas for a Group
Do you have a ton of quesadillas to make and want everyone to eat together? Turn your oven on 250-degrees and lay wedges out on parchment paper on a baking pan. As you complete each quesadilla, add it to the oven. This will keep them warm as you create additional quesadillas. You can also wrap them in aluminum foil.
If you liked Ooey Gooey Food Truck Chicken Quesadillas Recipe, you might also like…
|Give Leftovers a Pasta Fix||Salmon Patties Dollar Stretcher|