Forget about being female golf caddies, Erin McDowell proves women can excel in the sport of golf and your daughter can too! You can read more about this interesting Louisville teen at The Chronicle. Golf is a sport that is open to both men and women. There are even a lot of scholarships out there for female golfers.
Female Golf Caddies Are Natural Female Golfers
Between children’s golf shoes, children’s golf clothes and learning the game of golf’s rules, there are many elements to teaching your child golfing. Here are a few quick tips:
- Start with the right size equipment. An adult-sized golf club is never going to help your child learn the game of golf or the rules.
- Help your child hit the ball by holding his arms and showing him how to line his body up and swing.
- Keep golf fun or your child may grow to hate the sport. Make an extra effort not to criticize or be harsh.
- Teach your child golf’s rules, such as waiting for someone else to finish their play before teeing off and being quiet when others are hitting the ball.
- Try to get your child involved in a summer program or classes for youth at your local country club or area golf course.
- Don’t just tell your child what to do, how to hit the ball, but show him or her by demonstrating.
- Most of all, keep it fun. The more your child plays, even without a purpose, the better he or she will get at the game of golf.