Fritos Taco Salad
Who doesn’t like tacos? A taco salad takes this popular food choice to a new level. When a taco attack strikes, you discover when you reach into the pantry for those crunchy taco shells, that the cupboard is bare. Don’t panic. There is a super scrumptious solution – Fritos®!
If you have a bag of Fritos® in the pantry, you can bypass that trip to the grocery store. Fritos® is a great alternative to the traditional taco shell and what’s more, your family will be thrilled with the taste these corn chips bring to a taco salad.
This economical taco salad can be made with the traditional fixings or you can get a little more creative. Either way, you’ll end up with a winning quick meal that your family will enjoy making and eating!
- Bag of Fritos
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 lb fresh hamburger meat
- Taco seasoning
- Shredded/grated cheddar cheese
- Salsa (mild or hot)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or canned corn kernels
- Thin avocado slices or cubed (optional)
- Sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Fresh tomatoes, sliced or cubed (optional)
- Sour cream
You can fix either individual plates or create a large family platter. Most kids enjoy constructing their own taco salads. So, you might opt to use this dinner as a way to interact and share a great food experience by allowing your kids to construct their own Fritos taco salads.
- In a large skillet brown crumbled hamburger meat.
- Drain grease and add taco seasoning to taste.
Plating and Constructing Taco Salads
- Take a regular sized dinner plate and fill it with a layer of Fritos.
- Add shredded lettuce.
- Spoon taco seasoned hamburger crumbs over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over hot hamburger so it will melt.
- Add heated corn kernels.
- Add avocado slices or cubes (optional).
- Add tomato slices or cubed (optional).
- Add jalapenos (optional).
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Top with a dollop or two of sour cream.
Create Your Own Version
If you have refried bean lovers, you can always add a layer of your favorite beans directly on the bed of Fritos and then cover with shredded lettuce. Set out other condiments so your family can create their own perfect taco salads.
Super Meal Choice for Sports Night
This crowd-pleaser is always a hit with kids of all ages as well as adults. If you have children involved in sports or other extra-curriculum activities, you can use this easy recipe on sports or practice nights. This recipe makes a great pickup meal for a Saturday night or a perfect tailgate addition!
Add Fritos Taco Salad to Your Weekly Meal Plan
Your family will enjoy digging in this delicious salad, especially when given the option to customize it to their personal tastes. Keep the fixings on hand with a package of frozen hamburger meat, just in case the munchies hit while watching a football game or a family movie.