Christmas Decorating Ideas 2016
Make Fun Vase Stocking Covers
You can repurpose old Christmas stockings as pot or vase covers. Fresh flowers like these from ProFlowers or silk ones can be dressed up for Christmas by using new or older stockings. Other design elements include:
- Greenery placed around stocking vases
- Small votive candle holders
- Add red ball ornaments
Use different floral red and white arrangements to create greater interest in your mantel design. The finishing touch is a large white mirror leaning against the wall.
Lots of Christmas Cheer
This vignette is an ideal way to make use of a foyer space. The area beside the staircase features a lovely Christmas tree decorated in red, green and gold ornaments. The theme continues with the wrapping paper and bows. A tartan plaid and cardinals are the accent features of this Christmas theme.
You can recreate this look:
- Drape cedar greenery around the railing and newel post.
- Add large bows with long tails.
- Set a pair of cardinals along the swag between the bows.
- Move a small table to give height to design.
- Place one or two floral arrangements on the table, one larger than the other.
- You may prefer to use poinsettias on the table or add several along the staircase floor.
- A red wicker basket can be filled with greenery, plaid bow, cardinal and two gold sleigh bells.
- Set a pair of red lanterns, different heights complete with white column candles by the staircase.
There are a few simple ways to decorate a blank wall. This design by ProFlowers utilizes the space surrounding a chest. Center a fun candy cane made from greenery over a chest or console table. Decorate the cane with clusters of 3 small red ornament balls. The candy cane striped bow completes this design.
Other touches include:
- Add a pair of red and white reindeer
- Select a Christmas word art and place on chest or console table.
- Recreate the card garland with string or wire, small red clips or clothes pins and a variety of Christmas cards.
Draping the Mantel
This mantel is draped with cedar garland. The red bows are highlighted with very long tails that give the design a very dramatic look. A greenery wreath has a mix of variegated holly and pine cones finished with a red bow. Add different sizes of green and red ornament balls interspersed with red votive in clear candle holders.
Christmas Decorations for Other Rooms
There are many ways to carry one or more of these traditional Christmas themes throughout your home.
- Add small touches of red and green to half baths with hand towels, decorative guest soaps, soap dispensers, disposable paper towels and holiday candles and candle holders.
- Hang a small wreath or swag on interior door(s) in your home.
- Coffee tables are great Christmas decorating ideas opportunities, such as tabletop Christmas trees, candle grouping, candy dish with Christmas sweets or a decorative bowl filled with Christmas ornament balls and finials.
- Drape garland from a kitchen bar, careful to allow for stools to be pulled up and the bar surface to be used.
- A mistletoe ball (kissing ball) can be suspended from the center of a doorway to catch a few surprise family members.
- Place a festive Christmas doormat on the inside of your entry door to catch debris and greet guests.
Creating a Holiday Decor
These are just a few ways you can create a true holiday ambiance in your home. Add personal touches to further express your style and enjoy the season.
All photos provided by ProFlowers